Wednesday 23 March 2016

Ighalo: I’ll Give More Than 100% Against Egypt

Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo has vowed to give more than 100 per cent commitment on the pitch against Egypt in Friday's 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Kaduna, and the Watford striker hopes that team work will win the match for the Super Eagles.

The Eagles trail Egypt by two points, and must secure all three points to brighten their chance of qualifying for next year's AFCON in Gabon.
 According to cafonline.com, Ighalo, who is Watford's top scorer in the English Premier League this season, states he is ready to give his all to make sure the Eagles win.
 “I'm equally looking forward to the AFCON qualifier against Egypt like every Nigerian,” Ighalo says.
 “These matches (against Egypt) are important and crucial towards our aspirations of playing at the next tournament in Gabon."
Ighalo adds: “My attitude towards these two matches against Egypt would be similar to Watford’s. I will give my best and play with a lot of determination. We know the matches against Egypt are not going to be easy but with determination, we shall be victorious.
 “Against Egypt, it is not only about counting on Odion Ighalo. It is going to be about team effort and I want to believe as a team, we have what it takes to confront Egypt.
For instance at Watford, if I don't score others still do because football is a team effort; and I want to believe with our collective effort, we would get good results against Egypt.”
Commenting on the thought of working with a new coach following the sudden resignation of Sunday Oliseh and the appointment of Samson Siasia, Ighalo assures he is ready to work with any coach.
 Ighalo pledges: “I will as usual give more than 100 per cent irrespective of the fact that we have new coaches in charge of the team. There is nothing new and I would go out there and do my best like I have always done under previous coaches.”
 He hailed his club manager Quique Sanchez Flores for his support during his goal drought, stating that playing at Wembley is would be a dream come through.
 “The coach has been motivating me and telling me to keep working hard and that the goal will come at the right time. Eventually, it (goal) came against Arsenal and I'm happy about it. Personally, it would be a dream come for me playing at Wembley.”
 It has always been a dream to play at the Wembley Stadium because it is regarded as the traditional home of football in England. My focus now is on the coming matches against Egypt and as I said earlier, our collective efforts would see us through.” 
 The Super Eagles beat Chad 2-0 in Kaduna beforeplaying out a barren draw with Tanzania in Dar es Salaam in their two previous games.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment