Wednesday 14 October 2015

Kompany ready for Man City return

Vincent Kompany seems set to return to action for Manchester City this weekend after playing close to an hour for Belgium on Tuesday.

The influential City captain has missed his club's last five games with a calf injury and was also declared unfit for international action by his club manager Manuel Pellegrini.

He played 58 minutes without apparent setback as Belgium beat Israel 3-1 to secure top spot in Group B and a seeding for next summer's finals in France.
He told Sky Sports News: "I feel great and I am glad I got to do it. I needed to be part of this. At the same time it's going again now and I am just looking forward to the next games.
"I play for my country and I am proud to do it. There are no small games. I have given everything I have, always, for City. I will carry on doing this and I will do the same for my country."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment