Saturday 19 December 2015

Police rescue mother, daughter from kidnappers

Policemen attached to Alakuko Police Division, Lagos State Police Command, have rescued a woman Mrs. Oluyemi Ogunmuyiwa and her daughter Miss Oreoluwa Ogunmuyiwa, wife and daughter of a man believed to be a highly placed politician in Ogun State from kidnappers.

Police sources revealed that the victims were targeted by the kidnappers to force Mr. Ogunmuyiwa Akinwale to part with ransom but luck ran out on them when policemen from the Alakuko police station led by the Divisional Police Officer, SP Ajayi Abayomi who were on patrol chased the kidnappers to Idikoro in Ogun State and arrested one of them while two others escaped.
Akinwale, while narrating how his wife and daughter were kidnapped, stated that he was driving his wife and daughter to the church around 8am on the fateful day when a commercial bus with three occupants hit his vehicle from the rear.
He said, “I was taking my family to church when a commercial Faragon bus hit my car. I came down to see the extent of the damage and the driver said he will fix my car. My wife and daughter moved into the Faragon bus while I was in my car driving behind them but unknown to me, it was a ploy to kidnap my family. Everything was planned by the kidnappers. All of a sudden, the commercial bus conveying my wife and daughter drove off and left me. I told my wife and daughter to enter the commercial bus because I do not want the driver to escape. However, to my amazement, the speed at which the bus was moving made me to suspect foul play and as I try to meet up with them, I ran into a ditch and one of my tyre burst so I stopped an okada (commercial motorcycle ) to chase them . I was shouting kidnappers, help, help, and to the glory of God, policemen from Alakuko police Division on patrol heard my shout for help. They called for backup and they started pursuing the Faragon bus. They trailed the vehicle to a building in Idiroko Ogun State and rescued my wife and daughter unhurt”.
It was gathered that the police arrested one Olarewaju Makinde, a native of Ake in Abeokuta said to be the driver of the Faragon bus in connection with the failed kidnap.
The suspect however said he was lured by other gang members to commit the crime.
He said “ I reside at No. 6, Eleran Bus Stop Ilogbo, Otta Ogun State and the other two occupants of the bus told me to follow them to the mechanic to repair the car. I don’t know anything.”
When our reporter visited Alakuko Police Station, the Bus was seen parked in the station and when contacted, the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Alakuko police station Mr. Ajayi Abayomi a superintendent of police who led the rescue operation declined to speak on the incident and directed the reporter to the state police command.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment