Wednesday 6 January 2016

My mother told me to join Everton – Lukaku

Romelu Lukaku has revealed that his mother persuaded him to join Everton after he ignored phone calls from Roberto Martinez.
The Belgium international initially joined Everton on loan from Chelsea in 2013 before making the move permanent in a £28 million deal the following summer.
Lukaku, who has scored 15 Premier League goals season, admits he does not regret his decision to join Everton but admits he took some persuading.
He [Martinez] actually called me three times and I didn’t pick up on the first two, so I’m glad I answered eventually,” Lukaku told FourFourTwo magazine.
“I discussed it with him, I spoke to Chelsea, I spoke to my mother, and eventually she said: ‘Go to Everton.’ I haven’t regretted it.
“Right from the very first training session it has been great. He took me aside and we worked on movement, my hold-up play, everything. With all the good young players coming through, it felt like something good was happening.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment