Wednesday 25 November 2015

Driver escapes as container crushes bus

It was a lucky escape for a driver yesterday when a container fell on his bus in Ilasamaja, Mushin, Lagos.The driver, Sunday Eneche and his motor boy jumped out of the bus before it was crushed by the container which fell off a trailer.

Eneche was on his way to deliver bread to customers in Ojota, Lagos.The driver said the trailer was behind him when he saw the container tipping towards his direction.
The driver said: “There was no way I could overtake the trailer because I noticed he was trying to avoid a pothole. I waited for the trailer to move forward. When I saw that the back tyre was trapped in the pothole, myself and the motor boy jumped out of the bus because it almost fell. The bus is not mine; I work with a bread company. I don’t really know if the driver was taking to a hospital because I couldn’t think straight when the trailer fell. I can’t really tell what happened afterwards. There were no casualties.”
An eyewitness, Ismail Omikunle, described Eneche as “lucky.”Had it been the container trapped him inside the bus, he would not have survived, Omikunle said.
“The driver was rolling on the floor thanking God for saving his life. Passerby also thanked God with him,” he said.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment