Saturday 5 December 2015

Jonathan advocates review of card readers’ use as device rejects him

Former President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday expressed worries over INEC’s use of card readers, stressing that the commission must review the concepts of card reader and permanent voter cards, PVCs, before the 2019 general elections.

He spoke against the backdrop of the failure of the card reader to read his biometrics to enable him vote in the December 5 governorship election in Bayelsa State. This was a repeat of what had happened to the ex-President in the March 28 presidential election.
Addressing journalists in Otuoke after being eventually accredited for the governorship election, Jonathan said: “I am quite worried about the PVC and card reader,” even as he held that the failure rate of the device was high.
“From my experience today, INEC must review this issue of card reader and PVC very well before we go into the 2019 election, because even during the presidential election, the machine rejected me and my wife.
Today, because they changed my own, they changed my wife’s own, it was successful. But about five people who came with me, including my mother, my elder sister and a former commissioner in Bayelsa state, were unsuccessful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment