Sunday 13 September 2015

Pennetta announces retirement straight after US Open win

Flavia PennettaItalian tennis star Flavia Pennetta has announced her retirement from professional tennis, just moments after winning the US Open.

The 33-year-old made the surprise announcement soon after beating fellow Italian and childhood friend Roberta Vinci 7-6(4) 6-2.
"Before I start this tournament one month ago I take a big decision in my life," she said, before hoisting the trophy and accepting the $3.3m winner's check.
"This is the way I would like to say goodbye to tennis. I'm really happy. Is what all the players seem to want to do, to go out with this big trophy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment