Friday 11 September 2015

Holup Holup Madrid!!!David De Gea pens new four-year Man United deal


After a turbulent few months, Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea has signed a new four-year deal with the Premier League club, with the option of an extra year.

The Spain goalkeeper came very close to joined Real Madrid at the end of August, but the deal fell through due to issues with paperwork.
It has only taken ten days for United to rectify the situation and get De Gea to pen a new long-term deal at Old Trafford.
“I am delighted to be starting this new chapter in my United career. I have always enjoyed playing with these great players in front of our fantastic fans. Manchester United is a special club and Old Trafford is an ideal place for me to continue to develop my career.
"I’m looking forward to putting a difficult summer behind me and concentrating on working hard to improve and help my teammates to be successful," De Gea said.
Manager Louis van Gaal is pleased to get his No.1 committed to the club for the long-term.
“I am absolutely delighted David has signed a new contract. He is one of the best goalkeepers in world football. I am very pleased that he will be part of the team for many years to come," Van Gaal said.
"David made a very important contribution to our performance last season and he has been the club’s Player of the Year for the last two seasons. He is a popular player who is keen to learn and enhance his game. At such a young age for a goalkeeper, he has many years ahead of him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment