Thursday 10 September 2015

Victor Valdes warned me about Man United manager Louis van Gaal-Pedro

New Chelsea signing Pedro has admitted speaking to Victor Valdes before he decided to reject Manchester United.
The Spanish international spoke to his former Barcelona team-mate when United made their interest known, with the goalkeeper explaining the one negative about the club was his relationship Louis van Gaal.
Pedro instead chose to complete a £22 million move to Stamford Bridge in order to work with Jose Mourinho.
Dutchman Van Gaal has ostracised Valdes after the goalkeeper supposedly rejected the chance to play in a reserve game, leaving their relationship broken.
Victor Valdes

"He [Valdes] told me it was a very good club with great supporters and the only problem was with the situation with coach," Pedro told Marca.
Valdes doesn't have a squad number at Old Trafford and was left out of the club's Champions League squad by Van Gaal, but Pedro has come to defence of the goalkeeper.
"It is true that I do not like the treatment of my [Spain] team-mates, especially Victor, who has been a reference for me and is a model professional," Pedro explained.
"I don't think it's fair, but that did not influence my decision [to join Chelsea].
"I just saw Man Utd wasn't convinced to take the step of signing me, they were delaying a lot and I needed a team with which to start the new season. Chelsea acted more decisively."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment