Sunday 7 February 2016

Employees set Chinese boss’ house ablaze after stealing his N450k

Tom Wu, a Chinese businessman based in Benin, Edo State, employed Frank Chukwuneye, 30, and Abdullahi Zakari, 25, to serve respectively as his interpreter and security guard, on a monthly salary of N70,000 and N30,000 respectively

But on December 29, greed got the best of them after Wu withdrew N450,000 from the bank and asked Chukwuneye to put it in his bedroom, after which he went out with him. 
Chukwuneye had conspired with Zakari to steal the money.
He gave Zakari the spare key to Wu’s bedroom and told him to set the house ablaze after stealing the money. He also promised to give him N100k. Upon learning that his house was on fire, Wu suspected foul play, so he went to report the incident to the police.
In the course of investigation, the trail led to the two employees and when properly questioned, they confessed to the crime. Wu, who felt deeply betrayed, said: “I was shocked to learn that the two Nigerians I employed and made them comfortable and also paid them regularly committed the crime.
I employed Frank as my interpreter and gave him everything he wanted, yet he betrayed me. He was the only person who knew that I brought N450k from the bank and put it in my bedroom. I want justice to be done and the police to recover my money from them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment