Friday 11 December 2015

Man weeps in court as wife sues for divorce

There was mild drama yesterday at  the Agboyi/Ketu Customary Court when a respondent, Mr Bayo Bankole broke down in tears and started pleading with his estranged wife, Ejiro Bankole not to break their almost five-year -old marriage.

Bankole, who was beind sued by his wife over allegations of being diabolical, constant beating, which caused miscarriage and inflicting of injuries on her body, told the court that it was his mother and family members that are responsible for the maltreatment of his wife, pleaded with her to forgive him and not go ahead with the divorce processes.
Meanwhile, Ejiro said that the cry came a bit late as the harm he did to her cannot be erased with his tears.
She told the court that her husband had on several occasions inflicted injuries on her, stressing that the problem started when she told her husband to bring his mother so that they can take better care of her.
“I told my husband to bring his mum to live with us so that we can take better care of her not knowing that I was putting myself in a big trouble. As soon as my mother in-law came to live with us, the rest of the family members, who even have their own houses came in, knowing fully well that 
my husband dose not have a job, that am the one taking care of everything in the house from house rent to feeding and we have a daughter.
I thought that they will not stay long, but to my surprise they had no plans to leave and I was thinking my husband would take the initiative and tell his family to leave the house but he didn’t,” she said.
The President of the court, Mr. O.T. Williams, after listening to both parties adjourned the case to January 13, 2016, for further hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment