Tuesday 22 September 2015

Ferguson: No Man United player earned more than me

Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Fegruson has opened up about how he agreed no player would ever be paid more than him.
The Scot explains in his new book 'Leading' how he was given a new deal following a Wayne Rooney payrise.
Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson got himself a good deal. 
The former United manager recalls: "I told them I did not think it fair that Rooney should earn twice what I made and (joint-chairman) Joel Glazer immediately said: 'I totally agree with you but what should we do'?"
"It was simple. We just agreed that no player should be paid more than me.
"We agreed in less time than it takes to read the previous sentence."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment