Saturday 26 September 2015

US police officer praised for saving choking baby


Donald Venable saved the baby's life

A quick-thinking US police officer has been praised for saving a choking baby.Officer Donald Venable responded to an emergency call after he heard reports on his radio of a baby with breathing difficulties in Sunland Park, New Mexico.

Once on the scene, the father-of-one performed CPR on the child.
Posting a picture of the officer with the baby on their Facebook page, Sunland Park Police Department said: "Officer Venable did what he was trained to do and saved the baby. Great job by Officer Venable!"
His mother Karen Venable wrote: "I can't tell you enough how PROUD I am of my Son!! Having a young son of his own I am sure those thoughts were racing in his mind. One of many things I am proud of him for."
But Officer Venable commented: "To everyone saying good job today and thanking me, well thank you but you don't have to tell me any of that, I do appreciate it more than you will know, but I know any of my brothers and sisters in blue would have done the same thing.
"As cliche as it sounds it's what we are here for, to protect and serve. So thank you everyone for the support and thank you to my brothers and sisters in blue for everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment