Sunday 20 December 2015

Teen died shielding three girls from gunfire in US shooting

A US high school footballer has been hailed a hero after he died shielding three girls from gunfire during a shooting spree in Tennessee

Zaevion Dobson, 15, who played football for Knoxville's Fulton High School, was "struck and killed after he had jumped on top of three girls to shield them from the shooters," police said. The girls were not injured.
The violence came as part of a gang-related shooting spree on Thursday evening, NBC reported.
Dobson's death has led to online tributes including 'Faith', purportedly one of the girl's he saved.
His older brother Zack Dobson told WBIRthat they were sitting on a porch when some men walked up and started randomly shooting.
"I'm shocked. I'm really just shocked. I can't believe it, can't get it across my head," he said. "Zae, he was an awesome kid, awesome brother. Just know that I miss him. I miss my brother."
Fulton High School coach Rob Black said that Zaevion was a "success story" and assistant principal Jody Wright tweeted he was "a fine young man".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment