Thursday 24 December 2015

Van Gaal walks out of pre-Stoke press conference

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal demanded an apology over reports about his future before leaving his pre-match news conference.

Van Gaal’s position at United is the source of mounting speculation following a run of six matches without a win in all competitions that leaves them fifth in the Premier League table and out of the Champions League.
Addressing the assembled media ahead of the Boxing Day trip to Stoke City, Van Gaal stated that he had the support of United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and former Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson but angrily cut his address short.
“Has anyone in this room not got the feeling to apologise to me?” he said. “Nobody has that feeling? That’s what I am wondering.
“I think I was already sacked, I have read, I have been sacked. My colleague [ex-Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho] was here already. What do you think that happens with my wife? Or with my kids? Or with my grandchildren? Or with fans of Manchester United? Or my friends?
They have called me, a lot of times and also Arsene Wenger is saying something about it. Do you think I want to talk with media now?
“I am here only because of the Premier League rules, I have to talk with you but I can only see when I say something that you use my words in your context.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Ochuko Arhiakpore.
+2348176236720
Leave a comment